COVID-19 (Novel Coronavirus)
UPDATE - June 21, 2022 - Government of Alberta's Step 3 of easing public COVID-19 health measures
As of June 15, 2022, the province of Alberta moved into Step 3 of easing public health measures as COVID-19 hospitalizations continue to decline.
Moving into the final step has resulted in the following changes at Red Deer Polytechnic:
- The Illness Reporting Form is no longer needed. If an individual tests positive for COVID-19, they are not required to isolate.
- Face-coverings are no longer required, even if an individual tests positive for COVID-19. However, they may choose to wear a face-covering.
- Even though the province has moved into Step 3, Red Deer Polytechnic encourages all staff to take steps to keep themselves and the Polytechnic community healthy and safe.
These principles for a healthy campus include:
- Staying home if you are ill
- Speaking to your supervisor about working arrangements when feeling ill
- Using LifeWorks for a variety of support services
- Referring to Government of Alberta's recommendations if you are ill
If you have any questions, please contact Health Safety and Wellness at: Health [dot] Safety [at] rdpolytech [dot] ca.
Please stay connected to this webpage, your RDP email and our social media for updates and information.
Read previous COVID-19 Updates here.
Our community matters to us. As Red Deer Polytechnic responds to the COVID-19 pandemic, we continue to follow health and government directives while making decisions to ensure our students and Polytechnic community are safe and well served.
Learning at Red Deer Polytechnic
Returning to Campus
The following links provide important resources for what students, employees and guests need to do before coming to campus.
Supporting Health and Wellness
We have compiled a list of helpful resources related to COVID-19, with everything from Government of Alberta and Alberta Health Services links to mental health resources.
COVID-19 Illness Reporting Procedures
COVID-19 Positive Cases at RDP: Data Reporting
General Information and Resources
Strategic Success for Businesses During COVID-19 (online micro-credential offered through Red Deer Polytechnic)
Vaccination Program at Red Deer Polytechnic