COVID-19 (Novel Coronavirus)
UPDATE October 15, 2021 – COVID-19 Vaccination Program, Accessing Campus Oct 18 to 31, and Other Updates
Please note the following updates for October 15:
- Vaccination Program details:
- Starting on Monday, October 18, all employees, students and visitors to our campuses should be prepared to provide proof of their vaccination status, proof of a negative COVID-19 rapid test completed within 72 before arrival, or an approved vaccination exemption.
- Access to our main campus will be restricted to specific entrances from October 18 to 31. Learn more about what to expect as you arrive on our campuses.
- We have updated information regarding medical and religious exemptions.
- View full details of the vaccination program
- Flu Immunization Clinics on Main Campus – October 18 to 22 & October 25
- In partnership with Westpark I.D.A. Drugs, Red Deer Polytechnic will be offering drop-in flu immunization clinics on main campus.
- Read more details, including what documents you should bring to receive your flu immunization.
- Fall Timetable Updates: Resuming Monday, October 18
- As a reminder, starting October 18 we will adjust the Fall 2021 Timetable. This means that starting October 18 all courses, including those that moved online in September, will be moved back to in-person delivery on main campus in their previously scheduled rooms. Classes that remained in-person but were moved to different room locations will return to the original location assignment.
- The Fall 2021 Timetable will be updated by 5:00 pm on October 15
- All students should check their class schedule on TheLoop or in the Fall 2021 Timetable after October 15 to confirm their class schedule resuming Monday, October 18.
- If students have downloaded their schedule to their calendar, the new delivery methods or location changes will not be automatically reflected. Students will need to download a new class schedule after October 15 for updated information.
Find previous COVID-19 Updates here.
Our community matters to us. As Red Deer Polytechnic responds to the COVID-19 pandemic, we continue to follow health and government directives while making decisions to ensure our students and Polytechnic community are safe and well served.
Learning at Red Deer Polytechnic
Returning to Campus
The following links provide important resources for what students, employees and guests need to do before coming to campus, as well as training that you will need to complete.
Supporting Health and Wellness
We have compiled a list of helpful resources related to COVID-19, with everything from Government of Alberta and Alberta Health Services links to mental health resources.
COVID-19 Illness Reporting Procedures
General Information and Resources
Strategic Success for Businesses During COVID-19 (online micro-credential offered through Red Deer Polytechnic)
Vaccination Program at Red Deer Polytechnic