Confidential counselling and supports are available to all Red Deer Polytechnic students free of charge.
While your Red Deer Polytechnic experience may be one of the best times of your life, it can also be one of the most stressful. You may face challenges while attending our Polytechnic, and sometimes this can interfere with your ability to do your best academic work. Because of this, most students may benefit from speaking to a counsellor.
Click here to view our Counselling Services Guides!
The Counselling Services Guides have information and resources regarding some of the most common issues post-secondary students may experience. Topics include: academic performance, addiction & substance use, mood and mental health, relationships, self-image, sexuality & identity, stress, coping, and overall wellness. Counselling Services can support you in achieving your personal and academic goals throughout your studies.
Click here to view our Counselling Calendar of events, workshops, and training opportunities!
Hours of Operation
- Monday - Friday | 8:30 am - 4:30 pm
- Walk-in hours | 12:00 pm - 7:00 pm (last appointment 6:15pm) on Wednesdays - September 28th, 2023 to December 18th, 2023
- Counselling Services is open 12 months of the year
- Our office is closed Saturday, Sunday, and all statutory holidays
Please connect with us by walk in, phone, or email.
- Room 1402, Main Campus
- Phone: 403.343.4064
- Email: counselling [at] rdpolytech [dot] ca (counselling[at]rdpolytech[dot]ca)