Check out what Flexible Learning Programs RDP offers.
What is Flexible Learning?
Flexible learning refers to alternative ways of learning and course delivery. Learn more about the following learning options and delivery methods on our Definitions page.
- Online classes
- Blended classes
- HyFlex classes
- Online Real Time
- Online Any Time
- Online Combined Real/Any Time
Benefits of Flexible Learning
- Flexible Learning allows you to access your courses online when it is convenient for you.
- RDP's courses are designed and developed for online delivery to make sure student interactions and activities are best suited for that delivery method.
- It allows you to complete a college program while still fulfilling other life, family or work obligations alongside it.
- There are limits in class sizes so you can engage with your instructor and classmates more comfortably.
Am I prepared to be a Flexible Learning Student?
See if alternative delivery methods are right for you and go into your course prepared with the readiness checklist.
See if you have the required technology, software and internet access needed for online course delivery with our computer requirements.
- For Online Learning
Blackboard works on Chromebooks, Android and IOS devices, but if you are completing an online test in Blackboard with LockDown Browser and Respondus Monitor, we recommend doing so on a Windows or Mac computer. For information on how to install and use LockDown Browser and Respondus Monitor visit the Library's guide. - Maybe should we mention LockDown Browser and Respondus Monitor in the Readiness Checklist? What do you think?
Read about the online systems RDP uses, resources that will help you navigate your online learning course and what you can expect for writing online exams.
TheLoop is your key access to RDP, it is where you will access your grades, schedule, unofficial transcripts and pay your tuition.
Your Learning Management System: Blackboard
Blackboard is a learning management system used at Red Deer Polytechnic. This is where you will access all of your course material, submit assignments, take exams, engage in group discussions, and interact with the instructor and other students.
You can also:
- Download the app.
- Visit the Library's Blackboard Guide.
- Online Success Toolkit – Learning Modules
An interactive tool to prepare you to be an online learner. It guides you on how to prioritize your tasks, how to create a schedule, gives you troubleshooting tips and it lets you play around and learn how to navigate Blackboard and its interactive tools.
- Virtual Classes - Collaborate Ultra
Blackboard Collaborate Ultra is a virtual classroom for online learning, mentoring and meetings in a collaborative environment. If you are taking an online class this semester, you may have online classes in Collaborate Ultra.
Some instructors may have you write exams from home in a locked down browser, some will get you to write the exams through Blackboard, and some may require you to write them with an invigilator (supervisor).
- Blackboard Exams
- Respondus Lockdown Browser
- Off-Campus Testing with an Invigilator