(This page is part of the official Academic Calendar)
Admission of Students to Credit Programs
RDP gives fair consideration to all who apply to credit programs. Each program has admission requirements which are objective, measurable and non-discriminatory.
Future students should apply and complete their admission file early as most programs can only accommodate a limited number of learners.
Admission decisions are normally made on a first-applied, first-qualified basis unless the program is categorized as over-subscribed or has external requirements. RDP reserves the right to use a competitive admission process where demand exceeds availability, or when necessary to meet external accreditation requirements.
You may apply to attend RDP as one of the following:
You are able to meet the regular admission requirements for the program. (See program list) Regular admission requirements may include:
- suitable courses, grades, and averages
- tests, auditions, portfolios, or other approved criteria.
You may take a maximum of two courses per term without presenting documents. Prerequisites for courses must be presented.
You must present approval from another accredited institution to take a course(s) at RDP. Your home institution will determine admission requirements.
High School Student
If you have successfully completed at least one 30-level course and submit a letter from your school indicating you are currently enrolled in high school you will be eligible for admission into Open Studies on the recommendation of a Red Deer Polytechnic Advisor.
You can learn more about:
- Admission requirements for domestic students:
- How RDP processes applications
- Assessment tools we use to help ensure our students are appropriately prepared for certain courses
- International Admissions and International Course Equivalents for admission to RDP
- programs offered at RDP where you transfer to another university to complete your studies
We are here to help you. For further information, contact:
RDP Office of the Registrar
Email: admissions [at] rdpolytech [dot] ca (admissions[at]rdpolytech[dot]ca)