Apply to Graduate
When you are nearing completion of your program, you must apply to graduate to complete your program and receive your parchment. If you do not apply to graduate, you may experience delays in receiving your parchment and your transcript will be incomplete.
1. Applying to graduate means you will receive your parchment (see below for details)
2. Registering to attend Convocation is a different process you need to complete to attend your ceremony on June 2, 2023
Uncertain of Your Eligibility?
Submitting Your Application to Graduate
After You’ve Applied to Graduate
Receiving Your Parchment
Graduation Photo Sessions
Registering to Attend Convocation
For More Information
View the important dates below details on when you should apply to graduate.
|Program Requirements Complete||Apply to Graduate||Conferral of Credential*||Convocation Ceremony|
|Fall Term||Sep to Dec||Dec 21, 2022||June 2, 2023|
|Winter Term||Jan to Apr||Jun 2, 2023||June 2, 2023|
|Spring Term||May to Jun||Jun 29, 2023||June 2, 2023|
|Summer Term||Jul to Aug||Aug 30, 2023||June 2, 2023|
*Please note that the Conferral indicates when your credential is officially recognized, and this is the date recorded on your transcript.
For more information on when you will receive your parchment, view the Receiving Your Parchment section.
In order to qualify for a Red Deer Polytechnic program credential, students must complete 50 per cent of the credit requirements for the credential through enrollment in RDP courses. View the Academic Calendar to learn more.
Collaborative students will follow the process of their granting institution. Please view the website of your granting institution for complete details.
If you are in an Apprenticeship Program, you will need to apply to receive a Certificate of Completion from Red Deer Polytechnic. Your journeyman certificate is provided by Alberta Apprenticeship and Industry Training.
Students must have a minimum GPA of 2.0 to graduate. See the specific requirements for your program if you have further questions.
President’s List and Dean’s List
The President’s List and Dean’s List acknowledge high academic standing of students each term. Students who have achieved high academic standing in the last two academic terms of their program are acknowledged at Convocation. All students who have achieved high academic standing in any term of their program receive a notation of President’s List or Dean’s List on their transcripts. For students in Collaborative programs, high academic achievement is noted by their respective University and not by Red Deer Polytechnic.
- Students in an Apprenticeship Program:
- President’s List – Mark of 90% or greater on the RDP and Apprenticeship and Industry Training (AIT) exams
- Dean’s List – Mark of 85% to 89% on the RDP and AIT exams
- Students in a Credit Program:
- President’s List – GPA of 3.7 or greater with a minimum fifteen credit load in Fall or Winter term or a minimum six credit load in a minimum of two courses in Spring term
- Dean’s List – GPA of 3.5 or greater with a minimum nine credit load in Fall or Winter term
Uncertain if You Are Eligible to Graduate?
Check your eligibility using Grad Tracker on the Loop
- Log in to TheLoop
- Select Online Services
- Click on Student Services
- Click on Student Profile
- Click on Grad Tracker (left-hand side of the screen)
For additional questions contact Student [dot] Records [at] rdpolytech [dot] ca (Student[dot]Records[at]rdpolytech[dot]ca).
Ready to submit your application to graduate?
Complete this form.
When you complete and submit your form, you will receive an automated response, letting you know that Red Deer Polytechnic has received your application.
You will be contacted if there are any issues with your application.
Receiving Your Parchment
When a graduate receives their parchment is determined by two factors: the term they complete their credential and if they are attending Convocation.
Students who complete their program:
- In Fall Term (December) and apply to graduate will receive their parchment in the mail by the end of February
- In Winter Term (April) and apply to graduate will receive their parchment:
- At Convocation in June (if they choose to attend the ceremony), or
- Students who do not attend Convocation will be mailed their parchment by the end of June
- In Spring Term (June) and apply to graduate will receive parchments by the end of July
- In Summer Term (August) and apply to graduate will receive their parchment by the end of September
Red Deer Polytechnic holds Convocation Ceremonies on the first Friday in June each year.
Looking to attend? You will need to register to attend Convocation – it is separate from applying to graduate. Learn more about registering for Convocation.
For More Information
For additional information about applying to graduate, please contact Student [dot] Records [at] rdpolytech [dot] ca (Student[dot]Records[at]rdpolytech[dot]ca).