Why Choose RDP
Learning at Red Deer Polytechnic
Red Deer Polytechnic's programs are led by expert instructors who care, with practical and applied learning opportunities that allow our students to gain experiences for success in their careers and in their lives. Class sizes are small across the majority of programs, which means that students establish meaningful relationships with their instructors and their peers.
Why International Students Love Red Deer Polytechnic
- Our post-secondary institution is a public polytechnic institution, recognized by the Government of Canada as a Designated Learning Institution that offers programs eligible for the Post-Graduation Work Permit Program (PGWPP).
- Small class sizes
- Focus on hands-on learning
- Focus on employability of graduates
- Modern and high-quality facilities
- Fantastic student services, such as:
- Lower cost of living compared to larger Canadian cities
Getting to know Red Deer Polytechnic
Our institution began serving students in 1964, as Red Deer College. Now, as a a polytechnic institution, we are proud to offer a breadth of programs in diverse subject areas and credentials.
Here is a quick look at Red Deer Polytechnic:
- About 6,200 full- and part-time students enroled in our credit and apprenticeship programs each year
- 96% of graduates are satisfied with the quality of their education
- 92% of graduates find employment within six months of graduation
Red Deer Polytechnic has two campuses: main campus and downtown campus, both located in Red Deer. Our downtown campus houses lifelong learning opportunities within our Division of Extended Education.
Red Deer Polytechnic's main campus features new world-class facilities, including a teaching, learning and athletic centre called the Gary W. Harris Canada Games Centre. Main campus also features a new Residence building, dynamic performing arts facilities, an innovative Alternative Energy Lab and a wide variety of spaces to study and socialize. Our main campus is a picturesque place to learn and live, with 290 acres – almost 120 hectares – that includes state-of-the-art facilities surrounded by nature and trails.