Apply to Attend Red Deer Polytechnic
How to Apply
Information about the process and criteria to become a Registered Apprentice is found on Apprenticeship and Industry Training's website then submit your application directly to Apprenticeship and Industry Training.
- If you are already a Registered Apprentice, you can register for your technical training on your MyTradesecrets account or by calling our Apprenticeship Registration line at 403.342.3100.
- Although non-registered apprentices may be able to attend some classes at Red Deer Polytechnic with special permission, Registered Apprentices receive priority for the seats that are available. For more information, please contact tradesandtechnologies [at] rdc [dot] ab [dot] ca.
When to Apply
Note: The application fee is good for one academic year.
Program Admission by Term
- The information below is for domestic applicants only.
- The information below is accurate as of April 1, 2022. Red Deer Polytechnic reserves the right to modify the list without notice or prejudice.
- Open: Program still has seats available.
- Waitlisted: Program is full and qualified applicants are being placed on a waitlist. There is no guarantee that waitlisted applicants will be offered a seat, however it is common for seats to become available until the start of class. As seats become available, they are filled from the waitlist.
- Closed: Program is no longer accepting applications for that term.
- N/A: Not available this term.
1 - Admission to the Bachelor of Business Administration is based on successful completion of the Red Deer Polytechnic Business Administration diploma. First-year applicants should apply to Management Certificate or Business Administration diploma.
2 - First-year students should apply to Bachelor of Education - Elementary listed under University Transfer programs. Entry to the third year is competitive.
3 – Due to testing requirements Academic Upgrading applications for Spring 2022 must close April 24, 2022 to ensure timely processing of results.