Welcome counsellors, educators, influencers and supporters.
Red Deer Polytechnic's Recruitment Team is dedicated to providing you and our prospective learners with the information and supports needed to fulfill educational and career goals.
Experience Red Deer Polytechnic
From people to facilities, RDP is alive with opportunity and connection. We invite and welcome you to explore our community in person or from the comfort of your own home. Tour campuses or visit us virtually, attend a presentation, orientation or Open House event. We promise you that RDP is worth experiencing. Learn more about how you can get involved in the RDP experience.
You're invited to RDP's Open House on October 28, 2023 from 9 am - 1 pm. Find more details here.
Recruitment Services Newsletter
Sign up for Red Deer Polytechnic's Recruitment Services Newsletter to stay up to date and in the know with RDP. Subscribers will receive monthly emails outlining program and institution updates, special events, and important dates and deadlines.
View previous editions of RDP's Recruitment Services Newsletter.
Red Deer Polytechnic's annual Viewbook outlines our program offerings and institution services. Check out our programs and their admission requirements in the 2024-2025 RDP Viewbook.
Viewbook Mailing List
Click here if you would like your business or institution to receive a mailed copy of our Viewbook.
Red Deer Polytechnic Updates
Updates as of May, 2023:
- RDP will have a new School structure starting July 1, 2023. The re-imagination will allow for growth and focus on a Polytechnic program mix.
- Arts and Education
- Trades and Technology
- Donald School of Business, Science and Computing
- Health and Wellness
- New Programs:
- Instrumentation and Automation Engineering Technology Diploma (first intake in Fall 2023)
- Mechanical Engineering Technology Diploma (first intake in Fall 2023)
- Bachelor of Arts, Multidisciplinary Studies (first intake in Fall 2023)
- Medical Laboratory Assistant Certificate – Part-Time Winter Intake (first intake in Winter 2024)
- LPN to BScN Transition Program (first intake in Spring 2023)
- Machine Learning Analyst Diploma (first intake in Spring 2023)
- Bachelor of Business Administration (first intake in Fall 2023)
- Computer Programming Diploma (first intake in Winter 2023)
- Water Well Driller (returning to RDP in Fall 2023)
- Medical Device Reprocessing (first intake in Winter 2024)
- Program Updates:
- Expanded seats in:
- Bachelor of Science in Nursing
- Medical Laboratory Assistant Certificate
- Pharmacy Technician Diploma
- Admission to the Practical Nurse and Pharmacy Technician Diploma programs are no longer based on competitive GPA. Starting with applications for Fall 2023, admission decisions are made in the order applications are received.
- Pre-Professional and other science majors are no longer listed as program options when applying to RDP, though students can still enter the Bachelor of Science – Biological Sciences degree program or the Bachelor of Science University Transfer program to begin their educational journey.
- Expanded seats in:
- Apprenticeship Updates:
- Extensive growth in Trades student numbers has been observed and is expected to continue.
- Prospective apprentices are no longer required to obtain employment prior to registering as an apprentice and attending their first technical training period.
- As of Fall 2023, TQ exams are being reimplemented.
- A new student science lab opened in January 2023 enabling students to experience a great new facility to work on research projects.
Reach out to our Recruitment Team
Questions from Counsellors
We understand and appreciate the number of questions counsellors, educators, influencers and student supporters are expected to answer. When it comes to Red Deer Polytechnic, you don't have to remember everything - our team is here to assist and support you. Complete our contact form to ask us a question.
Request A Recruiter
We would love to connect with you! Our RDP recruiters are excited to come to your classroom or event to provide information or a fun filled presentation. Additionally, we are happy to host you on campus to explore our facilities and immerse you in RDP's culture - all with the guidance and assistance of an RDP recruitment expert. Complete our contact form to begin planning your next recruitment experience.