7 helpful tips when applying to Red Deer College
If you're reading this, chances are you've decided to take that next step to attend college, and that deserves a happy dance!
Since applying to college might be new to you, we want to provide you with the top seven tips to make the process more straightforward. But before we jump into it, make sure you've checked out rdc.ab.ca/apply and give this page a read-over. It shares essential information about when to apply, how to submit a new application, and the fees involved.
- Review your goal program's admission requirements. You can find all RDC programs and respective requirements on our Academic Calendar.
- Know the name of your program. Self-explanatory, but we feel we should mention it.
- Consider having a backup program. If your first choice program is full or if you do not meet the admission requirements, you can be considered for a second or third choice program. Open Studies is often a great starting point!
- Apply early! Students are admitted to the majority of RDC programs on a first-come, first-qualified basis, so this means that the earlier you apply, the better.
- Create an ApplyAlberta profile a day or two before applying. This is an online portal you will be applying through, so it doesn't hurt to get familiar with their site. You are required to have a profile that includes your personal information and academic history. Doing this before-hand will make applying much quicker.
- Have your payment method ready. You will be required to input credit card information if you are applying through ApplyAlberta.
- Stay calm. Remember, it's not a race to complete your application, so there's no need to feel anxious or worried.
That's it! You're ready to take that next step in applying to Red Deer College.
If you have any questions, don't hesitate to contact our Student Connect Centre:
Email: studentconnect [at] rdc [dot] ab [dot] ca
Online: Book an online appointment here